cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Omen 15-dc0001nf processor upgrade

HP Recommended
15-dc0001nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Community,

I would like to upgrade my processor i5-8300H (2.3 GHz base frequency, up to 4 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores) on my Omen 15-dc0001nf. I have 2 questions :

1) is it possible ? I heard Omen laptop give the possibility to upgrade part.

2) is there a list of compatible processor somewhere ? 😄

Many thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Tao

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
122,916 113,097 18,198 27,772
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The processor is an integral part of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded separately.

In order to upgrade the processor, you would have to replace the motherboard with one listed in your notebook's service manual that may come with better processor.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06219881

You would probably have to replace the heat sink as well.

The costs attendant to doing such an upgrade would probably come close to what you paid for the notebook.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation