Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-dc1005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

Did  anyone buy it?

What are the clock and boost speed of that RTX 2060 max-q card? Is it 80w or 90w version?

How about the thermals? Does it get over 95 for a CPU in games?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Bought it and I will send it back

RTX 2060 is overclocking very well and stays cool but CPU is overheating and downclocking to 3400ghz (throttlestop -150mv)

There is ZERO fan control, fans are loud like jets and dont keep laptop cool.

And the final nail 1450 pounds laptop with 8GB RAM and NO G-SYNC!!! previous generation gtx 1060 laptops had G-Sync even i lower models for 1000, why this one dont?

HP Recommended

@dasBOT

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the exact issue with the unit, Does computer overheating?

HP doesn't support overclocking the machine,
NOTE: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The problem is it should to have a gsync  on that 144hz panel but it doesnt. 

HP Recommended

@dasBOT

After reading your post, I did go through the Maintenance and Service Guide of your product and found that you have Supports G-Sync (Internal and External) installed on the PC. (refer to page 1 Product description)

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I know it sould but it doesnt, tried the newest nvidia drivers 419.17 and the one from the HP product page

gsync.PNG

HP Recommended

@dasBOT

As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

In 15-dc1005na  is not Max-q card, but fully RTX 2060. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.