Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen hp 15-dc1015na

Hello , I would like to upgrade my ram a bit , the problem is that I can't find the exact type of ram I need , also can I add just one 8gb to my existing ram or is it better to replace it ?

Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, you have 8 Gb of SO-DIMM DDR4-2666 (you need to respect this frequency) built in. 

I is written page 2 of your maintenance guide you can install up to 32 Gb in 2 slots:

Maintenance and Service Guide

So if you want have 16 Gb you can keep your actual memory, and just add a second 8 Gb bundle. But if you want 32 Gb you need to replace all by 2 bundles of 32 Gb. 

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, you have 8 Gb of SO-DIMM DDR4-2666 (you need to respect this frequency) built in. 

I is written page 2 of your maintenance guide you can install up to 32 Gb in 2 slots:

Maintenance and Service Guide

So if you want have 16 Gb you can keep your actual memory, and just add a second 8 Gb bundle. But if you want 32 Gb you need to replace all by 2 bundles of 32 Gb. 

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Can you give me an particular example of a 8 GB bundle , a link to a hp store or amazon , if it's not to big of a trouble . 

Best regards , Pencho

HP Recommended

I love the brander Crucial: https://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/ct8g4sfs8266

HP Recommended

Can I add 16gb instead of 8gb so to get total of 24gb , or it doesn't work like that , I don't know if I would need that much but still . 

Best regards

HP Recommended

It is not written on your maintenance guide, but normally this can work. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help , have a good day 🙂 

Best regards , Pencho

HP Recommended

Thank you, have a good day too 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.