onlyKentrop
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Omen 15-dh1005na - Webcam ISO controls?

HP Recommended
Omen 15-dh1005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a way of controlling the webcam ISO settings on the Omen 15-dh1005na?

I have a reasonably lit environment, and anything other than broad daylight causes significant amounts of noise on all webcam feeds in any application that I us. On a comparison with other devices, it looks like the webcam is set to ISO speeds of around 800, which is inherently noisy, as it's far too high for the environment.

For reference, I am able to stream using a normal phone camera locked to ISO 160, f2.2 with it coming out absolutely fine. ISO100 at f1.7 works just as well in this environment, so it is adequately lit. 

Is there a way of forcing a faster ISO setting on the Omen 15? Everything I can see online refers to the HP Webcam software, which isn't available for this range of laptops.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation