Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15 RTX 2060
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello. So my Omen 15 2060 (2019) started having this issue of blank screen on startup a couple of weeks ago, which at the time was resolved by force shutdown and restart. But now it's come to the point that everytime I start my laptop, it boots up, I can hear the Windows 11 prompt sound, but the screen remains blank. After several tries at force shutdowns and restarts (ranging from 7-20) the screen turns on. (And somehow Hp Jumpstart is open)

I've tried the memory stick removal and service, the win+b hard reset, updated from win10 to win11 to see if the os was having issues, even tried the battery pack removal and direct power supply boot, but nothing solves the problem. I'm kinda out of options and it's pretty distressing since I bought the laptop brand new and paid roughly 2k USD for it. 

Please assist. I'm tech savvy enough to open up the machine and perform diagnostics if directed properly. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@zaydius, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:-

LINk: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03413399

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

The link you sent me directed me towards a troubleshooting page for 'Windows restart errors'. My problem isnot windows restart. I've ran the hardware diagnostics tests thru the hp software provided multiple times but it finds no issues. 

Regular troubleshooting processes have had no impact and I've scoured thru the community support. 

There was one case as far I could tell which resembled mine where the guy ended up 'reflashing the BIOS', and the problem resolved itself. But I have no access to the hardware required to perform a BIOS rewrite.

HP Recommended

Hi@zaydius,

`We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.