09-19-2020 03:09 AM
I'm currently rebuilding a HP Omen 15 after updating the HD to SSD.
Have been struggling to find the Hard drive controller drivers. As the driver doesn't show up during installing windows 10.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-22-2020 01:19 PM
@Tdog2 Welcome to HP Community!
Please provide the correct product number.
Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution:
Click here for steps on finding the information we need!
Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
09-24-2020 08:34 AM
Thank you for the information.
In that case, try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -
Step 1 Windows Updates -
1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.
2) Check for updates.
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.
Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant
- In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant.
- Check for updates.
- If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.
Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.
Have a nice day!!
09-27-2020 09:53 AM
I understand your concerns.
Please perform the below steps on the computer to run a System Test
- Shut down/Turn off the computer
- Once the computer is completely Shut down/Turned off
- Now press the power button once to turn on the computer and immediately start pressing/tapping the F2 key on the keyboard
- This should open the UEFI Diagnostic screen on the computer
- Please select System Test and then select Extensive Test
Have a nice day!!