Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen-16-b0008ca
Microsoft Windows 11

I'm doing casual tasks like checking my email to playing some easy-going point-and-click games, the Touchpad suddenly lags, slows down, and stops responding to left clicks. to get it working again I have to turn the trackpad off and on by using the fn+ F12 key after that it works fine but after a few mins its starts doing the same thing(left side becoming unresponsive).

I have reinstalled the drivers but the problem still persists. 

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with my Omen-16-b0005dx.  Toggling the touchpad on and off fixes it briefly, and all drivers are up to date.  Mine is the touchpad in general not just the left side, and the left click in particular stops working.

HP Recommended

I just had mine exchanged at bestbuy and now it works fine 

I recommended you do the same

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Also an Omen 16. This seemed to happen just recently. Maybe it has something to do with some Windows update as it seemed to have started for all of us just now? I've had mine for a few months. Please let me know if any of you find a solution.

Best regards

HP Recommended

Same problem. I'm on my 3rd Omen 16 from Best Buy within a few weeks. The first one had a defective processor. The second had this touchpad problem. The third has the exact same problem, and it seems like it's from a production run.

Reinstalling the driver and installing all updates didn't help. HP customer service updated BIOS for me, which cured the problem for a day, but now it's back. 

I wonder if a lot more people have this problem but don't realize it because they use a mouse? If it's a rare problem, me getting two machines in a row with the same problems seems unlikely. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Why has HP Support not responded to this issue?

HP Recommended

Same issue. Entire left half failed. Sent it to HP to repair. Let's see if they resolve it. Embarrassing to pay this much and get such poor QC. This is a very common issue with omen 16 it seems. 

HP Recommended

I also sent mine to repair. They are replacing the whole motherboard as we speak it looks like.

Best regards,

HP Recommended

the new exchanged one started having the same problem a week or so into use, this seems to be more of a software issue. hope HP releases an update to fix this issue

HP Recommended

I had/have the same problem as everyone else. Within about an hour of use, the bottom-left trackpad stops registering,  then the whole left side, then the whole trackpad gets very unresponsive. Updates and reinstalling the driver did nothing. After returning one Omen 16 to Best Buy, the replacement had the exact same problem. So I asked HP's online support for help before I returned it and gave up for good.

The tech did something to update BIOS; maybe there was an update that wasn't installing? Not sure. At any rate, that cured the problem for a while. When it reappeared after a couple hours, I used Fn-F12 (or whatever it is) to turn the trackpad off then back on again. Now it's been okay for three days.

I'll post again if everything goes to hell again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.