Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I just received my laptop back from repair.
My touchpad is crooked inside the case, I can see the ribbon cable from the side of it of how big of a gap was left.

Adding to that, my Windows key doesn't work on my keyboard. I've tried reinstalling the updates and still nothing.

I know it's not even getting recognized because I tested the keyboard using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Tool. 

I am beyond mad, this is absolutely ridiculous.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Bought my Omen 16 about 2 weeks ago and couples days ago touchpad has become laggy. FN+F11 helps. Anybody find solution?

HP Recommended

Same problem here with HP OMEN 16, Intel i7-11800H & Nvidia 3050Ti.

I cannot figure out if it is a software or hardware problem.

HP Recommended

Hey Demetris,

I've sent my laptop for repair, and it seems to be a hardware issue. I would recommend you to do the same if you're still under warranty. 

It sucks, but after the repair I haven't have experienced any issues yet. Still pretty early to say tho. 

HP Recommended

Did they even say what this problem was related to?

HP Recommended

Just I haven’t any service/repair centre  in my city. If If I knew what the problem is, maybe I could fix it myself or with master. And we could to do it much faster 

HP Recommended

I've read your previous comment in May that after repair your trackpad was crooked. Did you sent it for repair for a second time?

The laptop is brand new, not even a month old. Trackpad is having this behavior since day 1!

HP Recommended

Hey Demetris,

I did yeah. Also to fix the windows key that wasn't working after sending it for repair.

I bought mine in February, its incredible that so many people are experiencing this issue. I would have to atribute it to a bad batch of touchpads being installed (speaks great of the quality control - reminds me of the xbox 360 launch).

When I called support, I was first dismissed and asked to do software repair, but was quickly contacted through email. The agent apologised and said that this was a known issue but he wasn't aware of it when I had called. So I hope that if you choose to call, that you have a quick response time.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue months back. I tried all the hardware, BIOS updates, etc.. I sent the laptop away to get repaired twice, the issue came back both times. 

They sent me a brand new laptop and the issue started occurring again after a couple of weeks. 

It doesn't seem that they have a solution for the issue, apart for turning the trackpad off and on again every time it happens 😞 

HP Recommended

My main concern is to avoid causing software problems because of the trackpad issue (problematic hardware leading to reboots or any other issue)...Is this a realistic scenario?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.