Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-c0000 (343L2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, I just bought a Hp Omen 16 with ryzen 9 5900HX and rtx3070. My last laptop, that I sold to get this, had an rtx3060 and an intel i7 10th 10870h. That laptop CPU's temps were around 90°C while playing heavy games like Call of Duty Cold War, but with a good laptop cooler it dropped to 84/85 easily. Hp omen 16 is insane! The first day I had it, CPU went to 75/80C in idle, then I installed Amd Software: adrenaline edition and maybe some new drivers helped it regularize, now it stays around 60 when plugged to AC. But while gaming on CoD Cold War, CPU stays at an average of 98C, reaching 103 max!!! I use a pretty powerful laptop cooler as well, called KLIM KN01, powered by 2 usb cables, one plugged to laptop, the other one to AC directly with a phone charger. GPU temps instead are ok, around 70C. Obviously fans are set to max on gaming hub. I read on previous topics that max supported temps by this CPU are till 105C, but I'm skeptical, no way gaming 2/3h per day at 98C is healthy for my 2000€ pc, there must be something wrong.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Bring Temps WAY down on your Ryzen 4600h/5600h or 4800h/5800h laptop while gaming. - YouTube

This video solved my problem. 

it was crazy hot, the cpu was constantly in boost mode running at 4.5 Ghz, not even destop pc coolers handle such high clock easily. ,Now it stays at default 3.3GHz, with no fps drop in games, but now from average of 98C it stays around 70C! Cheers

HP Recommended

I did the steps but the option for the processor didn't show up. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.