Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Omen 17-w105no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After reinstalling my laptops Windows 10 I'm missing the monitor driver. Mostly other drivers I've found from support page but there's no option to download anything for the IPS panel. The Windows sees the laptops panel as generic PnP Monitor and that disables G-Sync option from Nvidia Control panel and also locks my maximum refresh rate to 60 Hz. I know my panel has G-Sync option becouse it has worked before reinstalling OS and I've had the option to choose 75 Hz as a refresh rate.
Could you please point out where I could find proper drivers for the panel, I've tried to look other Omen models driver pages but none of them has it. If this is not driver problem, can you give instructions how to enable G-Sync (yes, I have latest NVidia drivers and no, the set up G-sync option is not even listed on the Nvidia Control Panel and no, I don't have secondary monitor connected via HDMI / DisplayPort).

Second question, my laptop has GTX 1060 installed and it's shown as the only graphic adapter. The CPU is i7-6700HQ so it has HD Graphics 530 built in but Device Manager is not listing it. Also when I download the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver from HP site the installer gives me error that "this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". Same happens if I try to install latest driver from Intel's support site. I don't have option in the BIOS to change the display adapter, so am I locked to have the GTX 1060 running 100% of time or is there a way to install the Intel driver and use the 530 for light desktop work and NVidia card for anything more demanding?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BlackRoss

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand you've recently reinstalled the OS and now the graphics card & monitor isn't being detected,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

How did you install the windows 10, was it using a retail version or an HP OEM (hp supplied OS)?

Did you update the BIOS?

Meanwhile, attempt to install the original driver from the HP website if you haven't done it already: Click here

And also try installing from the Intel website using the auto-detect tool available in Intel.

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Nice getting some help, thank you for that.

I installed Windows 10 Home Edition downloaded directly from Microsoft site so no HP OEM version becouse I thought I'll get all the drivers I need downloaded from my products support page.

I updated the BIOS to the latest version (F.26 Rev.A) before OS reinstall and everything seemed to work fine after that, G-Sync option was still there.

I installed the NVidia driver for the version that HP support page offers (1st removing the latest version) but that didn't change anything about the G-Sync option.

I've installed Intel Driver Update Utility that offered some updates for WLAN drivers and such but it didn't offer anything for the Intel Graphics, it seems like the device is totally vanished from Windows environment. I've read that some laptop / computers have a BIOS setting where you can choose your display adapter and that way disable one of them but my models BIOS has no setting about display adapters. I think the feature name for NVidia cards to work side by side with CPU build-in graphic adapter is called Optimus and at least some point you needed to turn it off for the G-Sync option to appear, but as said I have no way to control this at the moment and the windows is only using and seeing the Nvidia adapter.

Usually you have to have also the right monitor driver installed so that the Nvidia graphic adapter can get proper information from the display that it has G-Sync support so I think the missing driver is the main issue, any way you could offer way to download proper one for the panel so I could rule out this option? Windows has installed it as a Generic PnP Monitor at the moment, opening the device information I can find from Events-tab information where it lists the device information like this "Device DISPLAY\LGD046E\5&82aa779&1&UID4353" if that helps you to identify the right model. Most of the HP Omen laptops use LG manufactured panels so I'd assume that LGD046E there would point to model- / part number.

Can you also check if the Intel HD Graphics adapter is somehow disabled by factory default from hardware level? I know some PC manufacturers does this so that when the system sees another graphic adapter it totally removes the option to use the CPU integrated one (Intel one on this case). In other way around not all systems have support for the Optimus-feature that makes the system see 2 graphic adapters and can control which one is currently used from driver level. Even if that is the case and the Intel HD Graphics is missing by purpose, I still should able to have the G-Sync option.

Hoping to hear from you soon. Let me know if you need some more information.

HP Recommended

@BlackRoss

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm afraid HP doesn't recommend or support the usage of a retail version of windows downloaded from Microsoft or otherwise,

The best thing to do in your case to resolve all of these issues completely is to revert back to factory settings:

Unfortunately, I can only help you once you’re back on OEM,

If you need assistance obtaining a recovery media, please Click here for the details.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.