Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-an104ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received my new OMEN 17 and shortly after it was running it suddenly stopped.
If i plug in the AC it will briefly light up the AMBER AC indicator led. (then nothing)
If i press and hold the power button i get 3 (three) white LED flashes. 

could anyone please provide me with some pointers on what may be going on?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @osmium 

This is a brand new computer?

You need to contact HP Support and file a warranty claim or contact the Store you purchased from to see if it can simply be exchanged.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Sorry but neither suggestions appear to be an option. 

I've filed a warranty correction claim and i'm still waiting for it to be processed.

In addition, I have no intention of ever doing business with the store i bought it from again.

HP Recommended

OK, if you cannot reach HP support or are having issues getting thru, let me know and I will escalate your request to the admins.

I assume this was a walk-in store in the United States? Sorry to hear that. Did they refuse to work with you on an exchange?

HP Recommended

I haven't heard back yet from HP support to correct my warranty date and as such im unable to open a warranty claim. 

I purchased the device online from a retailer in Germany.

HP Recommended

Warranty date is wrong? HP should easily be able to correct that as long as you can prove purchase date.

But, your profile shows you are from the Netherlands. If you are still in the Netherlands, I don't know how the warranty will work out unless you ship it yourself to Germany first.

What I mean is...  Typically with HP Warranties, they are only good for the countries that a particular model number is sold in.

If you continue to have problems, let us know here and I can ask the Admins of this forum if there is anyone they can have contact you.

HP Recommended

@Photoray002 wrote:

Warranty date is wrong? HP should easily be able to correct that as long as you can prove purchase date.

yeah i got the original invoice right in front of me.

But, your profile shows you are from the Netherlands. If you are still in the Netherlands, I don't know how the warranty will work out unless you ship it yourself to Germany first.

What I mean is...  Typically with HP Warranties, they are only good for the countries that a particular model number is sold in. 

That would be against the EU single market directive. 

If you continue to have problems, let us know here and I can ask the Admins of this forum if there is anyone they can have contact you.

well, if you could help me find an update on my warranty status that would be very much appreciated

HP Recommended

Ill ask to have your post escalated.

Thanks and good luck.

HP Recommended

@osmium

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have sent you a PM with the information requested.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.