Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
17-an014ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I would like to upgrade from 16 to 32 Gb of ram memory.

Where I can find info about supported rams of my motherboard?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can also use DDR4-2400 memory in your notebook since it has an Intel 7th gen core processor.

The processor is only going to run the memory at 2400 MHz, even if you install DDR4-2666 MHz memory.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Chapter 1 of the maintenance & service guide indicates that you can install 2 x 16 GB of memory in your notebook.

OMEN by HP 17-an000 Laptop PC Manuals | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Hi!

Paul! Did i get it right?

DDR4 Only 2666 MHz frequencies? No else frequencies is supported?

20211031_233218552.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hi:

You can also use DDR4-2400 memory in your notebook since it has an Intel 7th gen core processor.

The processor is only going to run the memory at 2400 MHz, even if you install DDR4-2666 MHz memory.

HP Recommended

Thank you for help.

One more:

(to make sure) I can upgrade Discrete Graphics, right? For exaple, updrade to NVIDIA 17P-G1 (4 GB)

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The graphics adapter is an integral part of the motherboard and cannot be upgraded unless you replace the motherboard with one listed in chapter 3 of the service manual that may come with better graphics.

It would be very expensive and very hard to find the parts you need.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.