29 15 0 5
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Omen 17'' i7 8750h Overheating

HP Recommended
An107-nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, 

My Omen 17 is nearly 2 years old but in some games, it overheats quite a bit. The hardest game I'm playing is BeamNG which is running on med-high settings @55-60 fps but after half an hour, CPU reaches 95-97 degrees. The game has soft body car crash physics, normal PC cannot run it, I'm happy with the performance.

But what should I do to keep it safe and cool? planning to buy cooling pad but I know, it wouldn't make a big difference so, what are HP Technicians are going to advise me? Should I replace thermal paste? I'm making sure vents are clean, not blocked by anything and drivers are all up to date, since I bought it.

Game is on external SSD, Windows is on internal SSD as from box. GPU is GTX 1050ti 4gb, I know not the best but also not the worst, It's enough for me.

CPU i7 8750h

GPU Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Windows 10 64bit

2TB Hdd + 256GB Internal SSD + 512GB External SSD

I will be happy if you could help me. Thanks.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation