Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, the issue im having is my omen 17 2019 version is boot looping on repeat and thats it.

was playing a game and suddenly it shut off, the temps were fine.

Laptop shut off and when i turned it back on it kept freezing on the omen logo and just restarting and thats been going on for the whole day, been trying to find fixes everywhere but no help, so i was hoping the actual manufacturer could help me with this laptop please!

D0177532-CE2A-4874-A172-35EB01C550E1.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The drive is ok.

Thank you for youre time and effort into fixing this laptop but i just cant anymore, i just wont buy any of this ho crap, all or them are **bleep** and its on me for trusting them 2 times in a row, i wish u good health and im going off, ive been up for 14 hours trying to fix this garbage(rip my 1.2k euros)

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

Hello @Newbie35 

(1) Shutdown your computer. Press and hold power button until it switches off.

(2Check your hardware ( do all tests ! )

Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) to diagnose hardware errors ...

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c04499777

Watch how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GKIpGPNRM&ab_channel=HPSupport

Please report your results (screenshots, error messages ...)

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

I dont have that uefi i only have this black and white one

CC0CBE7C-5893-4A1E-BD3D-D276A17992CB.jpeg

HP Recommended

Just now got this blue screen error right when i ide the uefi ;machine check exception

B0218472-A8AA-4D6F-8FBC-12534A1FDF2C.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hello @Newbie35 

(1) Shutdown

(2) Enter BIOS and load default settings, save and exit

(3) Enter Diagnostics again and check all components

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Now i am met with this screen:

1134372C-5541-4ABC-968F-F38D67DB54EC.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hello @Newbie35 

(1) Enter BIOS

(2) Send pictures

- Boot mode

- Device Settings

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Here are all the bios tabs

E94B7C2A-C6E2-468B-BDE0-3932C651D39E.jpeg

E84A1EF9-C3EB-41C6-AD43-776F6C9874F0.jpeg

03363165-FAC2-4B2E-8AE7-68FFB234DE5A.jpeg

 sorry about the bad quality, its somtin about the compression that makes em blurry

HP Recommended

Hello @Newbie35 

OK, don't panic

(1) Take one or two usb flash drives and create bootable linux ( usb boot is enabled in your bios )

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-retrieve-windows-files-using-a-linux-live-cd/

I want to know if your file system is readable. Then you could save your private files/data to a connected usb-harddisk

(2) Reinstall Windows 10 on the hard drive

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_3053911-2842957-16

See (5)

Reinstall Windows through the Windows Recovery Environment (f11) or using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool.

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

If i dont need my files can i just use my usb drive that has windows 10 on it and install it straight ir do i gotta do the first step?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.