Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello @Newbie35 

@Newbie35 wrote:

If i dont need my files can i just use my usb drive that has windows 10 on it and install it straight ir do i gotta do the first step?

Keep your usb that has windows 10 on it, take another usb drive to create HP Cloud Recovery !

Use HP Cloud Recovery Tool, see the document for your computer:

Then you will have all drivers and software included from HP.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hello @Newbie35 

So if you are running into problems using HP Cloud Recovery, then install windows from your

"usb drive that has windows 10 on it and install it straight".

Software and drivers from HP are available and can be installed later...

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

The laptop cant recognize the usb drive so i cant reinstall w10

HP Recommended

Hello @Newbie35 

The windows 10 usb flash drive has to be bootable and please enable legacy boot in bios.

Did you use the usb drive before to install windows 10 ?

If something is wrong take another usb flash drive and create a new bootable with windows 10 on it:

https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/windows-10-usb-install-drive

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hello @Newbie35 

on startup use ESC and

F9 Boot menu options

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Il try both of those options and will reply back to u in 10-20 min 

HP Recommended

It started showing the windows logo and then jt showed me the blue screen : machine check exception 

EAA221EB-C32A-49C9-9D36-6F28698B8AE8.jpeg

HP Recommended

Hello @Newbie35 

Has the notebook recently had overheating problems ?

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

it has had overheating problems all the time, recently i bought a cooling pad for the laptop, so he temps were sitting around 70c  before it was  around 90c

all hp notebooks have heating issues because they never use actualy good cooling

HP Recommended

Hello @Newbie35 

(1) Is there still HP warranty ?

(2) If not, what technical skills do you have ?

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.