Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17-cb1028TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi team,

I hope you guys are having a good day. I purchased a gaming laptop recently from a store in Christchurch, New Zealand. The item was HP Omen 17-cb1028TX which was purchased last 17/7/2020. The item was working really great at first and I enjoyed every specs of it especially the high refresh rate screen. However, I noted that one morning when I tried to boot up my computer, the loading screen was stock in the Omen logo and it was trying to do auto-repair and diagnostics. I was quite unsure as to why this happened since I just purchased the item few days ago. The laptop was successfully rebooted but I ended up having to restore the system which deleted some files and updates that I downloaded recently. I was quite unsure as to why this happened.

Another thing I noticed is that after the laptop was turned on for a while (plugged or unplugged), I tried to switch windows as I was doing some homework  and I saw the screen turned into multiple small pixels with different colours which makes the screen look like it was broken. But after refreshing the window, the screen turned back to normal. I'm just concerned because this is something that I would never expect from a well-built gaming laptop from a well respected computer manufacturer. I purchased an ACER gaming laptop before, but I never encountered this problem just few days after I purchased it. Is there a possible explanation as to why these happen? And lastly, what should I do to prevent this from happening again? Many thanks in advance for taking time to read this. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Pau2cute

Welcome to the HP support community.

Could be a corrupt graphics card driver, follow the below steps to fix the issue:

Update the Bios, chipset and graphics drivers using HP Support Assistant.

Download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: Click here

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.