Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen 15 dc-1093tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling OCC but it didn't do any good.

I have a gtx1650, 8gb ram and i7 9th gen processor

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Be thankful that OCC works for you at all.

When it IS installed on my OMEN i7, it says that the CPU is a constant 70degrees C whatever the CPU load, when I know the CPU temperature is on 40ish degrees C.  I cannot get ANY of the tech people here to understand the problem - they only offer ABSOLUTELY STUPID solutions with arguments that are non sequiturs.

OCC has mysteriously unistalled itself now and when I try to reinstall it, it doesn't work.

When I try a link provided by one of the so-called tech 'experts' here, I get -

We're Sorry

HP Customer Support site is temporarily unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back later.

I give up.  This is just sh......

HP Recommended

@gamingpegasus 

Omen laptops (or just about any other laptops) don't have overclocking as the cooling system could not handle that much heat!

Only the desktops have that feature and then, only if using an unlocked processor.

No matter how much you reinstall the OCC, its not going to give you that feature in your laptop.

I'm sorry.

HP Recommended

@wildswanCHILL OUT. READ the POST. I wasnt talking to YOU

Start your own thread instead of bombing someone elses whos subject doesnt even match yours.

HP Recommended

But it is showing on the images in the windows store that it has overclocking option and also the site.

if it i cant overclock my laptop it shouldnt be showing the option then!

HP Recommended

@gamingpegasus 

Can you point me to the ad you are reading please?

Most adds that showing those features are just talking about what the OCC is capable in general.

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late replies because I am really occupied with all my college work right now.

Coming to the images they are shown in Microsoft store's omen Command center page

And these options are also listed on the omen website

HP Recommended

No worries.

Got ya. I assume the Microsoft Store website here... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/omen-command-center/9nqdw009t0t5?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Their overview is talking about what the OCC is capable of overall. You must have a supported model to get certain features.

The HP link for an overview gives a Disclaimer at the bottom you have to click on to see... https://www.omen.com/us/en/omen-command-center.html

intelligetn overclocking.JPGdisclaimers.JPG

On the HP website showing the Command Center features, there is a compatibility chart showing what features are available for the various model series. Your DC1xxx series has no overclocking.

OCC chart.JPG

Your specs page shows you don't have an unlocked CPU. You have to have an unlocked CPU (k version) for overclocking. The Omen laptops do not come with an Intel k version. Only one model had a one that overclocked a few years ago and it proved it was not viable, the Omen X series.

The biggest key to knowing if any Intel based PC can potentially overclock is to find the K marker at the end of its CPU model number. In truth, only Desktops can handle the HEAT generated from Overclocking.

Thats about all I can offer for an explanation. Google will be your friend for further education on overclockable processors.

Reddit would be another good forum to get info and opinions on the subject.

Hope that helps. If you have other questions about your system, feel free to ask.

I am not an employee, only a volunteer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.