Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen HP 15-dc1002nx

Hey guys, I got this problem from around a month ago where every time I start my laptop and sign in, an error message shows that omen command center is not working. I ignored it at first since it didn't affect the laptop at all but I do wish to find a solution now to it rather than avoid it. When I open the omen command center application it shows an error as the picture below.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Holytempo 

Three days ago, the error came out from blue on my machine when booting up. I did update OCC to newer version, no more error now.

Please go to Windows Store to update your machine to new OCC version.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I opened the store and looked for the OCC there and installed it from scratch to ensure that the latest version has been implemented but it still doesn't work.

HP Recommended

My brother and I both with Omen 15 laptops have had the same problem for months and notice the problem comes up in past. None of workarounds suggested succeed.

Problem seen for both an Omen 15-dc1024na and 15-dc1007na

Procedure when occurs:

Uninstall Command Center

Download and Reinstall from MS shop - immediate crash notice window after Install and if reboot.

Windows is up to date Win 10 v.1903 latest update KB4522355

Error message:

OmenCommandCenterBackground.exe

Unknown software exception 0xe0434352 at application location 0x00007FFCD85FA839

As others have remarked it seems to have been associated with a Windows update a few months back as worked fine before then. This seems an ongoing problem for a number of users.

Thanks for any help!

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.