Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received my laptop (Omen 15) three days ago and after a day of observation, I noticed that the omen command Centre takes upto 30 seconds to fully load. I looked it up online and I followed all the instructions given in the provided link
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/OMEN-COMMAND-CENTER-NOT-WORKING/m-p/6907786

'

After deleting the command centre, I clicked the link provided in the solution and the website is displaying an error message (errorType=500). The link is still not working as of 26/12/20 10:13am. The link is provided below 

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-15-dc0000-laptop-pc/20329817/m... 

I don't have a control driver right now and Omen gaming hub is not recommended for laptops. I'm using a wireless connection and didn't update or download any drivers or softwares so far.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Use this link... Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store 

The Omen Command Center is now called the Gaming Hub but its the same thing and will also install.

Omen gaming hub is not recommended for laptops. Not sure what you mean or where you are see that at.

If you are still having issues, let us know.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry for jumping in. 30 secs loading time is normal for OCC or OGH (now). It has to load many things (6 or 7 others things) before giving Main Menu

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@banhien  Just curious, is that how long yours is loading now?

I cant tell as my old 880 only loads it in 5 secs and thats with omen peripherals.

HP Recommended

@Photoray002 

I normally turn on my Omen 15-dc0xxx once or twice a month. This morning is much faster, no idea why. From the time I click the OGH icon to the full menu

First time 12 seconds,

Second time 10 seconds

Third time 9 seconds

Reboot and try again

First time 14 seconds,

Second time 10 seconds

Third time 8 seconds

Updated: Good news (true or not, I don't know)

Remember on 23Aug2020, I did post "the battery is dead". Today it is  fully charged 100% (actually 94% from the report)

Omen bat.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Wow very strange indeed. Makes you wonder if updates are the culprit or not.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.