Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-an012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My fiancée bought me an HP Omen 17 laptop as a surprise gift.  I installed the Omen Gaming Hub application to see what it is capable of, but the program terminates when I select my laptop from the menu on the side.  Let me post screenshots:

First, I select my laptop on the sidebar or from the "My Gear" section.

image_2022-05-25_130255407.png

Once I click on my laptop, this message will either pop up immediately, or after a few seconds:

Screenshot Omen Gaming Error.png

What can I do to rectify this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I forgot to mention that it only seems to happen when I look at the "system vitals" tab, not the "Network Booster" or "Macros" tabs.

HP Recommended

Hi @gamerdork67 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate it if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide you with better assistance.

1. Did you make any significant hardware or software changes to the computer prior to this issue?
  2. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

The issue may arise if Windows detects possible problems with your computer’s memory. I would suggest you try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Run the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X.
  2. Click Control Panel.
  3. Open Administrative Tools (in "Large icons" view).
  4. Double-click to initiate the Windows Memory Diagnostics.
  5. Click on Restart now and check for problems (recommended).

Let the tool run and check if any memory errors are fixed. Let us know the results of the detected errors are not fixed.

Method 2:

If Method 1 does not help, try to boot the system in safe mode and check if the issue is reproduced. If not, then clean boot the computer and check if it helps.

Link to boot into safe mode.

Step 1:

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode in which you are logged in with only necessary minimal services and drivers enabled. Check if the issue is reproduced.

Refer to the following steps:

1. Click on the Power button on the login screen.
  2. Press and hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard and simultaneously click on the Restart option.
  3. Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.
    If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click Advanced options.
  4. Tap or click Startup Settings.
  5. Tap or click Restart.
  6. On the Startup Settings screen, choose the startup setting for Safe Mode with Networking (Generally F5 key is pressed to select this setting).
  7. Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.

Check if the issue persists in Safe Mode.

If the issue does not reproduce in Safe Mode, then we might have to perform a clean boot.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I tried both methods and neither works.

HP Recommended

What GPU do you have? It feels like I had exactly same issue, it is gone after installing all the software from AMD + your CPU (intel or AMD). (Install it directly from the AMD and Intel websites). It may require you to reinstall OMEN HUB.

HP Recommended

My GPU (graphics card, I think) is a Radeon RX 580 series card.

My CPU is an Intel Core i7-7700HQ.

I tried updating my graphics card and it seemed like it my OMEN Gaming Hub lasted a few seconds longer a few times, but still terminated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.