Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-en1000 (2L1F2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I have an HP Omen laptop and Omen Gaming Hub is installed on my laptop.

It was launching with every system startup (after a reboot or shut down) and I was able to find the Omen Gaming Hub in the taskbar.

But after it updated to the latest version, the HP Omen Gaming Hub is not launching on system startup.

I cannot find it in the taskbar list. Even if I open the Omen Gaming Hub, it is still not showing in the taskbar as a startup program.

However, it is running in the background when I checked it from the Task Manager.

Can you please help me fix this issue? I tried reinstalling but it did not work.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi@RayoViBE,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing Omen Gaming Hub issues with the OMEN Gaming Laptop PC.

I have a few recommendations 

• Update your Notebook computer to the latest BIOS from HP.COM.
  • Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 
  • Uninstall the OMEN Gaming Hub from add/remove programs
  • Install OMEN Gaming Hub by downloading the app from the Microsoft Store.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.

Is it safe to update the BIOS of my laptop? I am a bit concerned if my laptop gets bricked.

Is there any safety precaution that I must take before updating the BIOS?

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi@RayoViBE,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance. HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update. Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi, I have updated the BIOS to its latest version and followed all the steps that you mentioned. I have reinstalled Omen Gaming Hub too.

But the problem still persists.

The Omen Gaming Hub is not displayed in the system tray of the taskbar. It is running in the background when I check through the task manager, but its icon is not displaying in the system tray.

Therefore, sometimes, when I switch to Maximum fan mode and close the Gaming Hub, it automatically switches to Auto Fan Mode randomly. I think the Gaming Hub is not able to run continuously in the background.

Note that: Earlier, when I received the laptop in new condition, the Omen Gaming Hub was opening with system start-up and was displaying fine in the system tray of the taskbar. It was also running continuously in the background. But now it doesn't run continuously in the background and the fan mode automatically switching from Manual to Auto is a clear indication of this problem.

The problem started happening when I updated Windows and Omen Gaming Hub to their latest versions.

Please look into this as I think that this may be a bug or error associated with the latest version of Omen Gaming Hub.

If you can help me fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi@RayoViBE,

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your time and effort.

You can try doing Reset PC Keep my files from windows and check if it works.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I have reset the PC and reinstalled Gaming Hub on the new Windows 11. But still, Omen Gaming Hub does not open with Windows start-up. The icon is not there in the system tray of the taskbar.

Note: I have verified that Omen Gaming Hub is checked/ticked in the "Startup Apps" settings page of Windows.

HP Recommended

Hi@RayoViBE,

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Click here for the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10) link.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I have also tried installing Windows from the link that you shared. It did not work either.

I honestly think that there is a bug or issue with your current version of Omen Gaming Hub. The Gaming Hub was working fine earlier. Only after updating both Windows and the Gaming Hub, the Gaming Hub icon disappears from the system tray and does not run continuously in the background.

I look forward to a sensible solution to fix this issue.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi@RayoViBE,

I would request you to contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.