Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1088wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Command center's Network Booster bugs out after every 2 hours . Then , either I have to restart the laptop or there's this option to update where a HP file is downloaded every time and installed , the laptop restart and it works peacefully for 2 hours again.OMEN Gaming Hub 4_11_2021 12_10_31 PM.png

Can anyone help me sort this out ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Abdur2k3,@, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Check for  BIOS updating the graphics driver and BIOS on your PC?

OMEN Gaming Hub will pop up messages to require driver updates. but currently, your laptop installed the latest XTU driver, it is newer than the OMEN SDK driver (including XTU drivers as well but might be an older version), so even reinstall OMEN SDK by the following pop up message link still fail.

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting -

Working old version:

Not working new version:

With the latest XTU version 7.0.1.4. This is because the XTU service didn't load successfully, . Rollback to the previous version and then install OMEN SDK can initial XTU service again.

the 7.0.1.4 would be through Windows update automatically, so maybe after a period of time, the driver will be updated to 7.0.1.4 again automatically. 

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

why isn't the picture displaying?

HP Recommended

i also have the same issue, that every now and then while the computer is being use the Network booster keeps asking to download the updates, and after updating it, it will sign you out and reboot the computer.

after rebooting, in the next few minutes it will then ask  you to download the  update Network booster the process goes over and over the entire day.

I even tried to uninstall the gaming hub and re-install it, its just doing the exact same issue

HP Recommended

exactly the same for me , I have reinstalled the Gaming Hub like 4 times 

HP Recommended

@Abdur2k3,@, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Check for  BIOS updating the graphics driver and BIOS on your PC?

OMEN Gaming Hub will pop up messages to require driver updates. but currently, your laptop installed the latest XTU driver, it is newer than the OMEN SDK driver (including XTU drivers as well but might be an older version), so even reinstall OMEN SDK by the following pop up message link still fail.

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting -

Working old version:

Not working new version:

With the latest XTU version 7.0.1.4. This is because the XTU service didn't load successfully, . Rollback to the previous version and then install OMEN SDK can initial XTU service again.

the 7.0.1.4 would be through Windows update automatically, so maybe after a period of time, the driver will be updated to 7.0.1.4 again automatically. 

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the guidance but OMEN representatives contacted me and will have a look at the situation via remote access so I am supposed to make no changes until then .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.