Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I recently purchased an Omen 15 gaming laptop and now I can't open the Gaming Hub. I have tried pressing the omen button, opening from the app list, and launching from the Microsoft store. Nothing works. When I try to open from the store and taskbar I receive the following message. 

Screenshot (1).png

I tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it but that did not work. Then I reset my pc to see if that would turn it back to how it was when I purchased it. That didn't work either and now I wiped my laptop clean for nothing. What now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No unfortunately. Well, you might but it would be wonky  and the partitioning is the problem. The creation software looks for USB sticks.

You need at least an 8GB pen drive (but no larger than 32) for the Microsoft plain copy of Windows.

Create media Windows 10

or

You can also restore your HP with a factory install with all the HP programs already on it via the HP Cloud Recovery.

You would have to have a 32GB drive for that one and it does take longer to do, but will restore all the partitions for the UEFI Diagnostics tools to work again also. The link below gives the instructions and the link to download the files.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10

NOTE: It would be best to disconnect any additional drives that might be installed in your PC. Off hand I didnt look up if you have an HDD installed with an SSD. If so, disconnect the HDD first. It will save a whole bunch of potential problems with either method of recovery you choose.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Resetting Windows from with-in Windows via Windows reset is not an ideal way to go. I prefer the USB method and doing a clean install, deleting all partitions first.

Please post the full Model or Product number first.

Press Control/Alt/S for the information menu in windows
Or
Go to the Start menu and scroll to H/HP Help and Support/HP Support Assistant.
Open the program and click on your computer in the list.
The 7 digit Product Number will be listed in both those places.

HP Recommended

The product number is 2V927UA

HP Recommended

OK thanks.

Find the Hub and uninstall it again if you can. If the HP System Event utility is there, uninstall it also.

Reboot.

Install these files...

OMEN Driver : https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp105501-106000/sp105943.exe

OMEN Command Center SDK Package: sp111311.exe

Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

Get OMEN Gaming Hub - Microsoft Store

Now run Windows updates. Click on the check for updates button, even if it shows its up to date.

Reboot.

The Game Hub (latest version at the time of writing this is 11.1.3.0) should now be installed and working.

The Omen button may or may not work to open the Hub. Its been known to be wonky.

Let me know how it works out.

HP Recommended

I followed these steps but I am still getting the same error.

HP Recommended

Well, I don't have any other fixes other than the fact that I don't recommend resetting Windows via the option in Windows. Rather I always do a clean reinstall with a custom install from USB (8-32GB pen drive). Create media Windows 10 

Make sure in Windows Services, that HP Omen HSA is running and on automatic.

You might have to upgrade the bios also but only as a last resort. Keep the laptop plugged into the power cord when you do.

Should be F.07 ...  sp110332.exe

HP Recommended

@Topo1 

Found another user that had a similar issue.  Perhaps this might help?

Go to  C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\HP_Inc

Delete the folders that look like  HP.Omen.OmenCommandCenter_Url

and

OmenCommandCenterBackgrou_Url_

HP Recommended

Those files don't exist in there, in fact there's nothing in there except a folder "HPUpdate.exe_Url_gcuqrbxq1iqvlhg3psysxyg5te5ayjse", with a sub folder "2.1.1.20" and "user.config" inside of there.

HP Recommended

I saw a thread where someone suggested checking the HP Support Assistant for driver updates, when I did I saw that there was an update available for the Omen Command Center. When I tried to update it it said that the SDK package was no longer available.

Screenshot (3).png

HP Recommended

OK, I had my fingers crossed for ya too.

One time I had another person with a similar issue like yours a few years ago and he also reset Windows. I had to get him to Clean install Windows instead and it finally worked.  Thats the only other thing I have to offer at this time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.