01-17-2020 11:10 AM
A few days ago I was using my laptop as usually, when it suddenly did shut down. There was no warning or anything except that it showed "shutting down" for like half a second,and a few seconds later the keyboard lights turned off as well. I did try to restart it, but when I press the power button, literally nothing happens except for the charging light blinking three times. I have no idea what to do now
01-20-2020 11:07 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- What is the operating system?
- Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
- What happens when you start the computer
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Firstly, run Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8 (if the computer doesn't start up/power on you can skip the next step)
Next step, BIOS default:
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee