Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I figure somewhere this question has been asked, and answered; I don't have the time to search, and when I do an error pops up when i click on whatever link is there to solve the problem..

Error Code: GK09XK-9ASA5H-MFPW2K-60UD03

I went to Microcenter, bought, and replaced the HD but since I'm not experienced in dealing with and installing the drivers, can someone point me in the next step to get the laptop back up and running?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Wiz_dum wrote:

It mainly depends on if it’s a replacement like you’re swapping it out ... you need to purchase a new OS so you can download it onto the system which would cause it to be brand new with no previous files saved

This is completely wrong advice. You do not need to purchase another copy of Windows to install to a new replacement drive.

If the drive is already not accessible as per the error code, you wont be able to clone the drive (not recommend for a failing drive). But you can install a new copy of Windows to a new drive via two methods. The Activation key is embedded in the bios and the OS will also activate once is connects to the Microsoft Servers. The only way you would need to purchase a new key is if you replaced the motherboard (which you are not).

Method 1. Use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool via a 32 GB usb flash drive.

Method 2. Use the Create media Windows 10 via an 8GB usb flash drive.

You will have to reinstall any programs you had installed previously.

Again if the old drive is not accessible, hopefully you created a backup before this failure happened.

Tell me the full model or product number of your Omen. Its on a sticker usually on the back or bottom of the case. Or you can tap rapidly tap F1 after you press the power button and open the info screen from Bios.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

It mainly depends on if it’s a replacement like you’re swapping it out or you’re adding an additional her drive to your system if you are swapping it you either need to have your operating system Aka windows 10 preferably backed up onto a disk and or a USB hard drive external or you need to purchase a new OS so you can download it onto the system which would cause it to be brand new with no previous files saved

HP Recommended

@Wiz_dum wrote:

It mainly depends on if it’s a replacement like you’re swapping it out ... you need to purchase a new OS so you can download it onto the system which would cause it to be brand new with no previous files saved

This is completely wrong advice. You do not need to purchase another copy of Windows to install to a new replacement drive.

If the drive is already not accessible as per the error code, you wont be able to clone the drive (not recommend for a failing drive). But you can install a new copy of Windows to a new drive via two methods. The Activation key is embedded in the bios and the OS will also activate once is connects to the Microsoft Servers. The only way you would need to purchase a new key is if you replaced the motherboard (which you are not).

Method 1. Use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool via a 32 GB usb flash drive.

Method 2. Use the Create media Windows 10 via an 8GB usb flash drive.

You will have to reinstall any programs you had installed previously.

Again if the old drive is not accessible, hopefully you created a backup before this failure happened.

Tell me the full model or product number of your Omen. Its on a sticker usually on the back or bottom of the case. Or you can tap rapidly tap F1 after you press the power button and open the info screen from Bios.

HP Recommended

Photoray002,

I actually had a copy of windows 10 on a zip drive, and was able to just plug it in and install the new software just like you said.  Once I did that everything started running fine.  Only negative; is the data I had on the laptop at the time of failure was lost.

HP Recommended

Very good. Windows will install most of the HP drivers needed automatically now days.

There are a few things it wont install, like the Omen Command Center. But once installed, it will auto update it.

If you need this working, let me know what model Omen you have.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.