Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-14-2021 08:42 AM
My brand new Omen 15 "gaming" computer keeps freezing, even when I'm not playing games. I can just be working or browsing the internet and it will just freeze for 5-15 seconds. It's most noticeable in the cursor and when I'm typing something because they will just lag for a few seconds. If it was happening every once in a while I think I could stand it, but it's happening like every few minutes now, and it's driving me insane. I really don't want to have to get rid of this computer.
Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone have any advice?
10-19-2021 10:07 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I understand that your HP notebook is not working correctly, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
- When was the last time it worked fine?
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community