Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-ax000nl (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a Omen Hp 15 ax000nl since December 2016 and after one year it starts to have overheating problems. 

I did everything in these last years:

- clean the fan (every ~3 months)

- change the thermal paste (every year)

- update all the drivers just from HP website

- contact the client service (Hp(->useless) and also Blizzard for the games)

Nothing worked! At least, for two years, I could play in a medium resolution and 25 fps...which it is ridiculous considering this computer but I accepted it. Now the situation getting worst. The laptop (according with "speed fan" program) has a temperature of 90 degree when it turns on and the fan are working with maximum speed. I can't play and I can't have two program open like a web page and Discord/Skype, because one of this crashes or it is so slow that it is impossible to use.

Any suggestion? I am desperate.

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ValeAri Click here for steps to resolve overheating issues, I know you've done most of these steps, however, please check the entire list of HP recommendations and you could try reducing the resolution on the in-game settings and switch the windows settings to performance rather than visual effects to make a minor change, however, the game may heat up your PC, hence make sure you are using a cooling pad as well, to be on a safer side.

Here's how you change windows settings:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and Ok...this should do the trick.

I must let you know that its normal for a gaming PC to heat up, and with an Intel CPU such as the one you have, there's nothing to worry about, for details on why you don't need to worry: Click here to go through the CPU specifications, look under Tjunction of the CPU, it supports up to 100°C.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

since it's a 4 year old laptop their could be another problem but did you get any new BIOS updates ?? Because a lot of users are having problems with their brand new gaming laptops after the BIOS update, it overheats a lot and shuts down. I think the problem  is with BIOS version of AMI F0.8

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.