Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Laptop 15 dc0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, I've been having issues with every game and it's very annoying. Every game is having a packet loss issue and the packet loss is causing fps drops and basically just lag and it's irritating, I know it's not a network problem, I have 19 - 30 ping in every game and I did a network test. I looked up several videos to fix this problem and none of them work. I've looked up several forums, especially HP forums and non of them worked. I have everything updated; drivers, bios... everything. I even reinstalled all the drivers that helped with a little bit of the lag but it is like almost unable to play. I can do task works on this computer but I can't even play Planet Coaster on all low settings which is ridiculous. I tried power settings... Maximum Processor and Minimum Processor when plugged in and on battery percentage. I didn't know what to do so I decided to go to HP, which I hope can help me. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20 GHz 2.21 GHz 32.0 GB RAM 64 bit operating system Windows 10 Home 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I lowered the CPU temperature by de-throttling it with throttle stop. Now I can run a game with an FPS cap that is comfortable.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Riain,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open Windows Settings.
  2. Select Devices.
  3. Select Bluetooth & other devices.
  4. Uncheck the Show notifications to connect using Swift Pair box.
  5. Close Windows Settings.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No that didn't work. It actually might be a network problem because my ping has actually gone up with the new cable. I might buy a Cat7 ethernet cable and see what might happen. But thanks for the reply.

HP Recommended

@Riain,

Please replace the cable and check if it helps.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Good day!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, it's not a WiFi problem. My games run well except for Apex Legends. So, I just want to fix Apex Legends right now. So mostly FPS drop. I got a prediction error in Apex Legends too. Back in December when I got this computer, it wasn't lagging like this crazy. I run a 110 fps for 3 seconds then it goes to 20 fps. I've still have everything updated. So I don't know what to do now. I've searched every where for packet loss help and fps drop help. Plz help

HP Recommended

Also my CPU is going to 95 degrees Celsius is that bad?

HP Recommended

@Riain I suggest you perform an extensive hardware test to ensure there are no hardware issues causing this malfunction:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Everything passed

HP Recommended

I think it's a CPU problem because it's getting up to 95 degrees Celsius which is not normal

HP Recommended

@Riain
Thank you for posting back. 

This sounds like a hardware related issue,

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.