Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 (Late 2016 model)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I Downloaded Terraria off of steam and out of nowhere my pc became extremely slow to the point where nothing loads and I managed to get task manager open and checked that cpu was at 100% meanwhile everything else was way lower. When i click on things i will get a very delayed response or the chosen action won't load. I checked the troubleshooter when booting and it said ram, cpu, and battery was fine but i am skeptical. Also, i later recieved a message on my screen saying" unsupported graphics card: There is a problem with your graphics card" and another message saying that some memory could not be read. I could really use some help with this, thanks. I aslo hear wierd clicking noises when the fan is on or when i move my laptop from side to side.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@tgun2323

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out,

As I understand, your notebook performing very slow and you're hearing a clicking sound from your notebook, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?
  • When was the last time it worked without these issues?

For slow performance, you could try these steps:

Use HP Performance Tune-up to optimize your PC and help improve its performance: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04770630

If the issue persists, you could refer to this article: Click here

Here is a link which could help you resolve the issue for noisy cooling fan: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01007591

Let me know,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

1)the product number is 15-ax033dx

2)Besides troubleshooting the hardware, nothing really. I tried uninstalling terraria through settings but it wasn't working.

3) The issue arrived on December 10th 2018.

I am going to hard reset the laptop and see if it fixed itself, will let u know what happens.

HP Recommended

@tgun2323

Thank you for posting back. 

Work on it as per your convenience and keep me posted on the results.

Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Factory reset has seemed to resolve the problem, thanks for the help along the way. will let u know if issue arises again.

HP Recommended

@tgun2323

Thank you for posting back. 

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.