Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15-ax206na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently bought a Samsung 970 PRO 1TB SSD to replce the current Samsung MZNTY128HDHP-000H1 as i would like to run certain programes from the C: drive so they are faster. and have plenty of memory left over. I have gone through the cloning process via Macrium reflect as the samsung migration software wouldnt pick up my new drive in the usb enclosure i have got (Orico NVME m.2 ssd enclosure) from amazon. When i take out the old SSD it doesnt want to work with the new drive i replace it with. It says there is something missing. Am i asking too much of my current system? Do i need to reduce the size of the SSD? In the manual it only shows SSD + HDD combinations of 1 TB (7200) 9.5 mm hard drive + 512 GB PCIe Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) Triple Level Cell (TLC) M.2 SS, i have a 1TB 9.5mm HDD and am trying to add a 1TB SSD.

Please any help would be greatly appriciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @TobzXV 

I don't do support for Macrium cloning software, so I have no idea what is happening with your system. You really need to be exact on what the error says or no one will be able to understand what is going on.

I don't advocate cloning anyway. When ever you have to clone to a different size drive than the original, seems like there are always issues. I tell everyone to simply do a Clean Install of Windows and start with a fresh setup. Yes, you have to reinstall your games, but so what. You have less problems later.  You don't need to know the activation key for a clean install. It will activate once Windows connects to do updates.  Create media Windows 10  I would choose a Custom Install and delete all the partitions on the new drive first, then continue with the install. Just my opinion.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.