Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-ce0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The camera fails to turn on completely when attempting to be used. The inbuilt light will flash on, then off whenever the program first tried to turn it on.  I've tried to plug in an external USB connected camera but encountered the same issue.

I have updated the drivers and made sure all permissions are given however nothing seems to help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BilboSwaggins

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Make sure your video recording environment has good lighting.
  • Change the image quality, brightness, contrast, and other adjustments in the webcam software.
  • Have you tried external monitor on different computer?

To resolve problems with choppy playback, take the following actions:

• Reduce the size of the video image in the webcam software.

• Use a high-speed Internet connection.

• Do not use other high-speed USB devices while using the webcam.

To troubleshoot other video quality problems, refer to one of the following HP support documents:

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi 

No this as been an issue with this laptop since I purchased it. I know I should have returned and replaced it when I first discovered the issue, however I never really thought I needed the camera so I left it. I have played around with the display settings and also attempted to boot up with an external display. Unfortunately they didn't fix the issue.

HP Recommended

@BilboSwaggins

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.