Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-29-2019 12:06 PM
Just noticed the bulge today. Been playing a lot of fallen order recently, laptop is 3 and half years old. i7700 hq at 3.4, gtx1050 4gb, with 8gb of ram. Curious if it's the battery, and if it's safe to keep using, or do I need to have the battery replaced or something. It's currently off, for fear of a fire.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-29-2019 03:10 PM
Thanks, that's what I'll end up doing. Was considering doing it myself, but figured I don't want to handle a battery in that state. No to mention I have no means to dispose of it.
It's currently off, and will remain off till I can take it to someone. Could it still spontaneously catch fire even if it's off?
12-29-2019 03:24 PM
Most likely not but I would be careful with it though if you have a stone countertop or somewhere non flammable I would leave it there. Be ginger with it if the battery does puncture for some reason move it outside. The gasses are toxic and fire risk is high. Don't use water to put out the fire as it does't work with lithium it becomes explosive when in contact with water. My friend actually lost his home due to a battery fire it was out of an iPad and his sister (she has special needs) did something with it and the house caught fire so I would always be on the safe side of things. That battery was exposed and out of the iPad thought so you shouldn't have that issue. Just be careful and leave it off and try and take it to be fixed asap. DO NOT OPEN IT YOURSELF THOUGH if its bulged the keyboard you will not be able to get it back in and could rip on another part of the internals. I wish you the best of luck.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community