Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-b0000 (2W6A2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

i just bought Omen 16 and the language was Chinese on my laptop and i did everything you could imagine to change the language and failed and i was left only with one option which was install windows again, after installing i lost all of HP and Omen pre-installed apps and programs such as Omen gaming hub and others that i can't tell what they were cause their name was written in Chinese.

now there is a folder in my C drive named Windows.old.000 that is about 50GB and i think it contains the previous installed files.  what can i do to get every thing back? i installed Omen gaming hub and it tells me it is not available in my region and my windows is not active too! why do you make such laptops without having the option to change the language?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@thatpal,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues with the OMEN 16.1 Inch Gaming Laptop PC

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Click for the HP Cloud Recovery Tool https://support.hp.com/si-en/document/ish_4511095-4511141-16

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.