Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrittleBaguette
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Only about half of my RAM is usable

HP Recommended
OMEN By HP Laptop 17-An0xx And Product Number 1KV90UA#ABA.
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
For the past few months my laptop has been running slowly and I've had to significantly lower my graphics settings for almost every game I play. I recently noticed that my usable RAM is always at most around 7GB and at least around 5.8GB. I have a total of 14GB of RAM installed. Is there a way to fix this? I have already made sure that all software is up to date and have run multiple different hardware checks that have all shown no problem. I'm not sure if it is connected, but i can also only use about 15GB of my VRAM out of the 25GB of VRAM that are installed.
1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,676 92,554 11,979 25,538
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BrittleBaguette 

Please use other post

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-am-only-able-to-use-about-ha...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation