Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 16z-c0000

Hello - I ordered an HP Omen on Sept 30, 2021.  On October 8th, the order went into "gathering parts" status.  It is now October 26th, and it is still in this status.  My expected ship date is November 4, 2021.  Is this typical to assemble a computer right before ship time?  Also, are there any delays for Omen 16 or does shipping appear to be on schedule?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@omeniii 

OK.  Understood.

@omeniii wrote:

My question was not - when will my order arrive - but why does HP not give more detail in the status of your order?  If they are waiting for parts, what parts?  When is the part expected to arrive - for example: unknown.   The process should be more transparent to the consumer.  

My mistake was in trying to answer a question of this type.

Sympathy is not a reason to respond to a question for which we cannot provide an answer.

"Why" assumes we understand the company's internal build processes.

Answering "why" means we are prepared to describe - and perhaps defend the way it works.

Yes, the order process should be transparent and the information you want should be available.

I am sorry that it not the case.

Withdrawing in good grace.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@omeniii 

Welcome to the HP Community.

When will your order arrive?

There is absolutely no way for us to know.

Worse, there is likely no way for anyone to know for sure.

If you are anywhere in the continental US, you've perhaps seen the Evening news: 

Delays at major shipping ports (both foreign and domestic), lack of trucks and drivers, one recent story of a catastrophic loss of shipping containers from a cargo ship (a bunch fell overboard).

Add:  World wide chip shortage.

It is a bad time to be a custom order - it is a bad time to be any kind of order for something that is not manufactured right down the street from you.

Wait - and it will come.

Hopefully sooner than later.

Sometimes asking "kicks" the fates and you might get an update or receive your actual order...

Good Luck.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

My question was not - when will my order arrive - but why does HP not give more detail in the status of your order?  If they are waiting for parts, what parts?  When is the part expected to arrive - for example: unknown.   The process should be more transparent to the consumer.  

As you told me what I already know - there are shipping issues on the news.

Here is something you already know - HP is a technology company and should be able provide more detail with the build process.  They gave me a ship estimate I'm happy with, no issue about that.

HP Recommended

@omeniii 

OK.  Understood.

@omeniii wrote:

My mistake was in trying to answer a question of this type.

Sympathy is not a reason to respond to a question for which we cannot provide an answer.

"Why" assumes we understand the company's internal build processes.

Answering "why" means we are prepared to describe - and perhaps defend the way it works.

Yes, the order process should be transparent and the information you want should be available.

I am sorry that it not the case.

Withdrawing in good grace.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.