Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-ec1048AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've been using my laptop for almost 10 months and since the last couple of weeks I'm facing overheating issues. I once noticed the cpu temperature rising upto 80°C while idle at charging. Temperature soars past 95°C when I try to play GTA V even before it loads up. Temperature used to stay under 80°C even after an hour of gaming previously. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 4600H processor. I hope someone will be able to help me out with a solution. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

As per AMD the max CPU temperature for your AMD Ryzen is 105 degrees.

You might think your unit is in idle mode and it never is, you may not be doing anything on the unit but still background apps, services are running, then it depends if your system is fully updated with latest GPU and BIOS drivers, and windows if its updated. The unit location, room temperature, what other devices do you have connected to the unit, how the system resources are being used, and you can check in task manager for this.

Also, we have the windows power plan and the OMEN Gmaing Hub, where you can select, if avaialble for your model the performance mode, either balanced or performance. 

A gaming unit, specially our HP products, when gaming and during gaming, they fully utilize the max CPU and GPU TDP, meaning to have better gaming experience, the power is increased to max TDP to have faster clock speeds and temperatures can get very high, still it will be normal, since as per AMD for example your CPU can reach 105. 

Check the document below that explains what i have said above as well and make sure you have the latest BIOS and GPU drivers installed.

HP OMEN and HP Victus PCs – Balancing temperature and performance in HP gaming PCs | HP® Customer Su...

Hugo M. Lemos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.