Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop - 15-dk1026ne
Microsoft Windows 11

I wanted to downgrade my BIOS version to a previous version and I was able to find a previous version but I am unable to use the normal setup to downgrade and there was an option to copy the BIOS files to an external USB Flash to downgrade from it out side of windows but I wasn't sure how to downgrade from the USB flash and the instructions aren't very clear. and yes i know i shouldn't downgrade my BIOS but i would like to know if there is a way i can downgrade

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @YoussefAhmed1 

Downgrade the bios version (to whatever you like) is possible. Ignore the caps lock blinking stuff in the video. The method in the video with the USB stick allows you to reflash a freely selectable HP bios version that you have written to the USB stick.

Please take a look at this very useful youtube video to reflash your bios:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LLPhdymPeo&ab_channel=thecollegepicker

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

Hp Laptop No Display Caps Lock Blinking (FIXED) BIOS Reinstall with USB In this video we solve the HP Caps lock blinking twice problem with corrupt bios. Say Thanks With ETH - 0x1879E9E57B1142C4F9adcA8C113fA847fbd8EAa9 Say Thanks With BTC - 3CZ6PigURwNLkUxqYrPUR4bJSNRNqPgYVa ★ HP BIOS and DRIVERS
HP Recommended

i just tried the method in the video and it is giving me an error saying BIOS files couldn't be located or are corrupted 

HP Recommended

Hello @YoussefAhmed1 

>i just tried the method in the video and it is giving me an error saying BIOS files couldn't be located or are corrupted 

Use different usb sticks (usb 2.0 and 3.0), be sure to safe eject the usb stick when created.

Test again ...

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

I tried multiple USB flash drives in different USB ports and it keeps giving me the same error

HP Recommended

Hello @YoussefAhmed1 

Please send screenshots:

(1) windows explorer file directory content of the USB stick

(2) error message

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

20220623_145235.jpg

File Explorer.png

HP Recommended

Hello @YoussefAhmed1 

so follow the instruction that the error message is telling you:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

i did just that before i replied that the method didn't work still isn't working.

HP Recommended

Hello @YoussefAhmed1 

I would recommend contacting a HP technician.

https://support.hp.com/

HP will definitely recommend you to always use the latest BIOS version to benefit from improvements and bug fixes.

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.