Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I lift my laptop from the bottom (center back - to be more precise between both fans) it makes sounds (like "tick, ktic, ktick"). It makes this sound one or two, and sometimes three or four times.

It is since I have bought it, but it was very rare and occasional at that time, but that is not the case now. I bought it about 8 months ago.

I wanted to know, what is this sound (noise)  and why is it coming? Is it something serious? How to get rid of it?

My laptop HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx (2019)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@meHMC 

It helps to post the full Product Number of the laptop.

Press Control/Alt/S for the information menu in windows.
Or
Go to the Start menu and scroll to H/HP Help and Support/HP Support Assistant.
Open the program and click on your computer in the list.

Sounds like its the fan shroud hitting the fans when you grab the laptop and put pressure in that area.

If you are under warranty, you can contact HP Support directly. Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site 

But I don't know that HP has a presence in Pakistan, if that is where you are.

If you purchased the laptop from another country, it will only be supported in that country.

Contact them and explain the situation. They can tell you if they can help. They would require you to pay shipping costs if they want it sent in.

HP Recommended

I'm now getting this warning at the startup.

The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly.

Continued operation is not recommended and may cause unpredictable behavior that could result in random shutdown, data loss or possible system damage. The system will shutdown in 15 seconds. To prevent shutdown and continue operation, press the Enter key now.

System Fan (908)

ENTER Continue Startup

For more Information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

HP Recommended

OK so about the warranty? Are you able to contact support and ask what they can offer? Otherwise you may have to replace a fan yourself. I cannot do anything further from a forum standpoint.

Here is your manual. Page 50 discusses the fans...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05985643

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.