Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0040nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In my pavilion gaming laptop, I get a black screen in the games, it is checked, it sounds, but the screen does not come up.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@burak96 Greetings from the HP Community!

Which game is it? does it happen in all games or specific high performance games?

Did you try reinstalling the game?

Meanwhile, I suggest you create a new user account and check if the issue occurs,

If it does, let's start with a hardware test to ensure this isn't a hardware malfunction:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

Click Extensive Test.

Click Run once, or Loop until error.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hard drive optimized DST control, gave a warning he could not pass the test. what will I do? Gives black screen in every game even in low quality games.

HP Recommended

@burak96 If the test didn't pass, it must have given you a failure ID, could you share the screenshot or picture of the same?

Thanks.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

IMG_20200312_024008.jpg

Language is Turkish, I hope you understand 

HP Recommended

@burak96 I wish I could understand Turkish, its a beautiful language, but I'm afraid I don't, also, the image isn't that clear, I request you to look for any failure ID or error that may have appeared on that screen, although, I don't see anything as such, I suggest you write it down or if it isn't available as such, update the graphics card, chipset and BIOS: click here to find and install the same.

If the issue persists, as suggested before, create a new user account and check if that helps: click here for steps.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.