Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
pavilion gaming 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I own a pavilion gaming 15-ec0010nw  ( ryzen 7 3750h, 8gb ram, 1660ti maxQ, win 10 pro ).

I got problem with laptop...It turns off and on itself randomly - especially during gaming.  During desktop work I've noticed that it turns off charging and the screen is lowering its brightness like there is no power in power cord... But it returns in few second to its normal state and again it shows charging and screen is bright again..  There is no bsod or error of any kind... 

Could it be a low ammount of ram ??? Vega 10 eats 2gigs so for gaming and OS only 5.9gigs left.   Or could it be a hardware problem on motherboard ????

The system is fresh, no viruses, everything up to date ( system, drivers, bios ).

HP support through FB messenger doesn't  answer at all 😞 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Today laptop started sending me bsod's related to nvidia gpu.  I tried drivers from HP site -  same problem. I tried newest drivers from nvidia site - the same.   After uninstaling completly nvidia drivers and working on vega integrated gpu problem doesnt occur.... So  the nvidia gpu is damaged ????

HP Recommended

@wesker465

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Restoring the system was the first thing I've done.....

And it didnt help.

Problems occur when I install dedicated graphics drivers and use the gtx1660ti card....On vega 10 problems doesnt occur.

HP Recommended

@wesker465

Thank you for posting back.

This sounds like hardware related issue with the computer. I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Try DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) it worked perfectly for me. And it could solve your discrete GPU problems. 

HP Recommended

Or it could be the Graphics bios corrupted, if that happens. Then it needs to be refreshed. Just see if DDU would fix it. If it isn't then use the warranty to get a replacement.

HP Recommended

Well I did fresh instal of windows and clean drivers install with it so I doubt DDu will be helpful here... DDU is used to help uninstaling and installing fresh drivers on existing OS not after clean OS install... Never than less I will RMA this laptop... To much problems with it...

HP Recommended

Yeah, I will not recommend to flash the video bios, unless if it is absolutely necessary like if you don't have any warranty. So, I am sorry that you have a faulty laptop. 

HP Recommended

Well I know the stuff about hardware but until I have warranty I wont do bios flashing or something that could corrupt it....

And I suspect also the faulty gpu core or vram memory so warranty will be useful right now 😕  And its not the system memory problem...I tried new set 2x8 micron memory but same problems....   I dont know why, during memtest  BSOD occurs relating to nvidia card 😲

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.