Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Pabilion Gaming laptob 15-cx0056wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Graphics card temperature is between 88 - 94, is this normal? And my card is GTX 1050 ti 4gb

My notebook:

Hp pavilion gaming 15 - cx0056wm

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@MostafaElmkahel 

Are you sure its the GPU and not the CPU temps you are reading?

Perhaps you could post a screen shot of what ever you are using for reading the temps when it gets this hot?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Yes, GPU not cpu 

HP Recommended

Typically that's not normal. They can get up there on a laptop but usually not in the 90's.

How is the CPU temp when this happens?

HP Recommended

I make undervolting to cpu 

Cpu temp 80-88

HP Recommended

OK on the undervolting, that has been a common issue with those units and cpu heat.

Also, did this only recently start happening  with the GPU heating? That model is a few years old now.

If only recently, do you remember installing anything about the time it happened?

Plus - did you try cleaning the vents by blowing some air into them? If its really bad, you would need to open the case and the fan shrouds to extract the dust. Clogged vents will cause this too.

HP Recommended

I will add, if its not a program/service running in the background eating up resources and its not dust, You might want to consider repasting.

This is assuming you are playing the same games at the same settings and the heat issue just recently happened. Otherwise, Im not sure what else I can offer. Make sure your drivers are up to date with a clean install.

HP Recommended

yes it is normal but if it reaches 105 that ain't normal

HP Recommended

@jamie333  what are you referring to?  I said its a commonly seen issue on the cpu and those units, meaning its been a problem. Its not normal to overheat i agree. 😉

If you have a problem, you need to start your own thread.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.