Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15 Gaming
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi guys. I bought a new HP Pavillion 15 Gaming laptop in the end of Oct 2021. Here are the quick specs *8Gb/256SSD/1Tb HDD , GTX 1660 Ti 4Gb, Ryzen 5 4000 , 144 hz display ( purple version ) . Soconce i bought i checked my laptop performance with valorant it was very much good. But after it got windows 11 update whenever I open Valorant or any other game the fans of laptop runs faster and more heat dissipates. Even before the game starts the fans rotate fast and when the game starts , more heat disssipates and my fps drops. So this is my problem. Can anyone tell me whats the issue? Do I need to make any settings change in Nvidia or anything? PLS HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Rohith1510

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,   

• Have you updated Graphics and Chipset drivers?
  • Does it happen only with games or even while watching movies or videos?
  • Have you tried playing those games in windows compatibility mode?  
  • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling those games? 

Follow these steps to search for and install suggested driver updates using the Windows Update tool in Windows.

1. In Windows, search for and open Windows Update.

2. Click one of the following options, if presented, on the Windows Update window:

• Windows Update displays a list of available updates, including graphics driver updates. If updates are available to download, select any updates you want to download, and click Install now.

The installation process could take several minutes, depending on the size and number of updates being downloaded.

Figure : Click Install now

Windows Update screen with Install now selected
    • If no updates are currently listed, click Check for updates. If updates are available to download, select any updates you want to download, including graphics driver updates. Then click Install now.

Figure : Check for updates

Windows Update with Check for updates selected

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.