Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0016nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP support team,

HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0016nm Ryzen 5 3550h
AMD driver version: 20.4.1
Nvidia driver version: 445.75

I have BIG performance problem here, I'm playing Fortnite, it is more than the popular game so we all know what kind of hardware is enough for casual playing.
And from my experience, it is i3 4170, 8gb, GTX 750ti and simple ssd. 

And here we have 4 cores 8 threads, 16gb, GTX 1650 and nvme - and it is awful!!!! 
Fps is so unstable and the game freezes a lot, almost every fight there is a problem with stuttering and freezing.

All settings are low, in-game settings are low (except resolution - I tried with lower and it is the same).

MSI afterburner claim that game uses both GPUs!? (more iGPU).

So HP support team, let see if you can help me, because name of the laptop is "gaming" and it is far from "casual gaming".
PS: Please let someone with AMD apu experience take this ticket. 😉 (we all know that is a problem here in Ryzen 5 3550h and its Vega8)

Thanks, Sfu.

2020-04-13_2201_001.png2020-04-13_2201.png

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@sfuportuguese

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Please follow the steps listed below to improve the FPS on your Intel Graphics adapter: 

• Update the graphics card driver 

• Increase the amount of RAM - by increasing the shared memory under system properties > Advanced > Performance settings > Advanced > Change Virtual memory > use the recommended file size for paging. 

• Make sure the graphics card is not in power saving mode - If you are after maximum performance of you Intel HD Graphics, make sure you have turned off all of its power saving features. That is why in order to achieve maximum performance you have to make sure that your Windows power plan is not on Power Saver, you can use the Balanced or the High Performance power plan. You can also click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon (it should be near the clock in the taskbar), select Graphics Properties, then click the Power tab and select Maximum Performance. 

Please, note that although this tip will certainly improve your Intel HD Graphics' performance it will also increase the power it draws, as well as the heat it generates under heavy load (which is the case for games). Caution is advised, especially if you are on a laptop that experiences temperature problems. 

• Set the 3D preference of Intel HD Graphics to "Performance" - This trick will help you improve the frame rate in games. To apply it click the Intel HD Graphics driver tray icon, select Graphics Properties, then click the 3D tab and move the slider to Performance. In this way, you sacrifice a bit of image quality for improved 3D performance, which should lead to a few more frames per second (FPS) 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Echo Lake,
Are you serious? You are explaining to me how to set Nvidia settings?

OK, That is your help? 😞   It is a little bit complicated than that.

Settings are set as on old 750ti with i3 4170 and it runs way worse!

And it is NOT intel so please read before responding.
I found out (from other forums) that I can play (example Fortnite) only with another monitor (and only as "show only on 2" not extended or duplicated screen).  I borrowed monitor (because I don't have one), tested, and it is true  - it is much better.

When I play on only a laptop screen it is a disaster. And the usage of iGPU is bigger than the dedicated GPU.
So I'm asking you to help me how to play games only with dedicated GPU - but on the laptop's screen.

How to force iGPU to let dedicated GPU take a laptop screen when the game starts ?

Please read this time (first post), investigate a little bit, and then respond. 

HP Recommended

@sfuportuguese

Thank you for posting back.

Please refer the above settings for Intel graphic card, To get the answer to this question, its not possible to play games on split screen  unless you game allows split screen game play.

To split screen:

Drag and drop your first window into the corner you want to snap it to. Alternatively, press the Windows key and left or right arrow, followed by the up or down arrow. Step 2Do the same with a second window on the same side and you will have two snapped into place.

Click here: knohttps://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04641829w to more about Using Two or More Monitors with One Computer (Windows 10, 😎

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can someone else from HP help?

For intel laptops, it is easy to set up, but HP (and others) tried to make a laptop with ryzen APU + dedicated Nvidia graphics card. It is probably easier with AMD APU and AMD dedicated GPU but here we have a big problem.
I'm trying to explain to you one more time.
-This laptop has Ryzen 5 3550h with integrated graphics card Vega 8 (so it is APU - cpu+igpu)
-This laptop has GTX 1650 dedicated graphics card (GPU)

I'm asking you, how to make iGPU to stop and let dedicated GPU to do the job (to play the game)?
-When the laptop is connected on an external monitor (via hdmi) and uses that monitor as the only output - IT WORKS WELL.
-When the laptop is only working/playing on its own display internal GPU (Vega 8 ) is under heavy load and it is affecting badly CPU (ryzen 5 3550h) - and it works horribly
(for more confusion MSI afterburner shows that both graphics cards work when playing on laptop's display - not just Vega 8 )

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@sfuportuguese

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can you please provide me a real email with a real TS person.
Not virtual agent.
Please PM me.
Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.