Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 Laptop (2018)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Back when I first purchased this laptop the gaming performance was perfect. I could get a solid 60 fps on relatively high settings on a game such as 'Assassin's Creed: Origins' with no lag spikes. A few months later, I've noticed that my laptop's gaming performance is really weak. Now, when I play the same game, I get frequent lag spikes, the fps never exceeds 45 fps and these problems are on the lowest settings possible. My laptop was recently taken to HP for repair - as it wouldn't turn on - and they said that there was a problem with the motherboard, however, when I collected it, the laptop would now turn on (which was the problem) but performance is still very poor. I have tried optimising my games, turning on game mode, performance over power, defragmenting my drives yet I have seen no increase in performance. I don't know what was the cause of this but I would appreciate any answers on how to get my performance back to normal.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @TN_WDL

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the FPS issue. 

Please try these steps - Improving Video Game Performance or FPS 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the assistance, however, I have already tried all of the methods mentioned in the link. I have also downloaded the HP program itself and updated everything possible, but again, the issue still persists.

HP Recommended

Hi @TN_WDL

Please try re-installing the operating system using the Cloud Recovery - HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool

Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again, I've already tried reinstalling the operating system 2 times. The frames per second on the games are the same.

HP Recommended

@TN_WDL

Appreciate you trying the steps. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this issue. 

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.