Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently purchased a new omen 17 which arrived 4 days ago 26/06/20. Everything was running well and I was very pleased with my purchase until last night. I had left the laptop for around 20 mins whilst I downloaded something and as such the screen turned black, I opened the computer and there was a bizzare black and green flash across the Center of the screen that looked like the other webpage tab I had opened was bleeding through onto the current one. This disappeared quickly but I have been left with a bright pink pixel on the screen in a very annoying central location. This is obviously very disappointing concidering the price of the laptop and how high quality everything had seemed in the few days I had owned it prior to this. I have tested the pink dot on diffrent backgrounds and it changes colour based upon them becoming invisible against black backgrounds but remains pink/red against yellow ones and goes black against blue ones. The warranty is still valid against the laptop as it is brand new. Hope someone can provide some guidance. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Bm96 

If you purchased this from a 3rd party store, see if their policy will allow you to return it.

If you purchased from HP directly, they will probably want you to contact HP Support directly for warranty issues.

HP does have a pixel policy that does not include replacement for a single pixel always on.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00035844

But contact them anyway and see what they say.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

But I would first contact the HP Store I purchased from if it had a defect out of the box. 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.