HaydenA1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Popping sound when I open my HP Laptop 15

HP Recommended
Omen by HP Laptop 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I opened my laptop earlier it made a loud popping sound which sounded like it came from the hinge. Also, when it's closed it looks like the space between the screen and the laptop is bigger on the left side, like the right side of the hinge is really slightly sticking out, I don't know if that started before or after the pop. I'm scared to keep closing it over in case that makes it worse but when I tried it it either does a slightly quieter pop or creaking noises and it feels harder to open. I'm worried in case I open it and it comes apart or something. It seems that this is a recurring issue and does not stop. I have yet to find a way to open the laptop without it popping.

1 REPLY 1
Freya009
Level 1
13 11 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dust can be one of the reason, get it serviced and that should not be the problem again.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation