Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-CE198WM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just picked up an Omen 15-CE198WM from Walmart.  While setting it up, I noticed that I was getting the  "Please connect a higher capacity Smart AC Adapter" message.  I checked the specs on the adapter and it is only 135W, and from the specs on the website it appears I should have had a 200W supply.

I can't even find a model number of the 200W slim supply.  I don't want the laptop to run in reduced performance mode.  Any ideas? Anyone know the actual model number of the supply that is supposed to come with this specific model? Will HP send a replacement?

Thanks much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@professoraxim

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@professoraxim 

Your machine needs 200W charger/AC adapter part # 835888-001 and you can buy from:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=835888-001

I don't know why Walmart did that because models ending with wm are from Walmart.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

"Just picked up an Omen 15-CE198WM from Walmart. "

If you just purchased that model from Walmart and it only has a 135W charger, take it back for an exchange.

No need to purchase another charger as its under warranty.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  Return is not an option, since I bought the last of the systems (hence the clearance).

Since it is under warranty, can I file I warranty claim with HP to replace the power supply?

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Your guess is as good as mine why the supply was not the correct one!

Thanks for the part number.

I may try to file a warranty claim first, since I'd rather not pay over a hundred for another supply.

HP Recommended

An Moderator will respond soon and help you.

HP Recommended

@professoraxim

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.