Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15 inch
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi guys please provide some help

I was taking trash outside and my laptop was running fine and plugged on a charger. When i came back it was just off. I tried turning it back on with both charger plugged and without. I performed hard reset by removing all accessories and battery itself. I put battery back and tried starting but the LED light next to a charger port just blinks 3 times and thats it. Not powering back on. Any ideas?

Is the battery dead ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Flair1  Please post the model or product number of your Omen.

Somewhere on the bottom or side, will be a product number written.

If its not on a sticker, it should be imprinted in tiny letters.

This way we can better understand what you have first. Thanks.

HP Recommended

The model is OMEN by HP Laptop PC - 15 - ax033dx

Product number: W2N32UAR#ABA

Thank you so much for help

HP Recommended

Well rats, you are way out of warranty now.

Usually its one of three things physically causing your problem.

Bad battery

Bad power adapter

Something failing on the "motherboard".

Its gonna be trial and error basically trouble shooting it yourself. But if it ends up being the motherboard, you have to decide if its worth it to replace, or take the plunge and get a new laptop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.