3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Powered on but unable to do anything

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have had a pavillion gaming laptop for just a few months. I’ve had a few problems with it before that I was able to fix myself that as to do with the disk space but now the computer has both the power button light and the charger port light on but the display and keyboard do not work. I also am unable to hard shutdown the computer via the power button. I waited a day to see if perhaps the battery would die out on its own and I could get it to reboot but no such luck. I have plugged it in and unplugged it. The battery is internal so I can’t remove it to test if the battery is faulty and the computer has never been dropped, smashed, or physically damaged in any way. The only problems, as stated before, had to do with the limited disk space the computer offers. Two days prior the computer was working fantastically, no problems, able to play without stutter and was handling everything I threw at it beautifully and the next it won’t boot. Hopefully this isn’t just an incoherent mess.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,632 12,414 1,303 4,213
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Jcksn 

You should be able to shut the power off by mashing the power button down for 5-10 seconds.

But you will need to contact HP Support directly for warranty issues.

Use this link and follow the prompts...

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

0 Kudos
Jcksn
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have done this, but it does nothing. 

0 Kudos
Photoray002
Level 15
Level 15
12,632 12,414 1,303 4,213
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Even if you hold it down for a minute? If not, the power button must have become disconnected to the board or such.

You could remove the bottom and disconnect the battery to turn it off in that case. Since you didn't tell me which product number you have specifically, I cannot post the correct manual.

You will have to use the link I gave and contact HP for warranty issues. The laptop will have to be sent in for repairs.

0 Kudos
Jcksn
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Even if I hold it down. I’ve tried holding, pressing, pressing and holding! Model number is 15-dk0051wm and the product ID 6WC39UA#ABA . I’ll try removing the battery, however.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation