Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 – 13-ay0003nw
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello!

I have bought my laptop PC over a year ago (October 2020) to help me with my classes at university. As time went by, I stumbled upon a great deal consisting of some LEGO games and I decided to buy it and add them to my Steam library. Being completely aware that my laptop isn't a gaming device, but also having in mind that it is relatively new and the games aren't very demanding, I launched the first one was greeted by a deal-breaking problem: the game is capped at 10FPS! To be honest, I didn't expect miracles, 120+ FPS scores nor anything special. I just wanted to play a game from series I have enjoyed my whole life. The same problem persists among 9 games:

1) LEGO MARVEL's Avengers

2) LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes 2

3) LEGO DC Super-Villains

4) LEGO Worlds

5) The LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game

6) LEGO Jurassic World

7) The LEGO Movie 2 - Videogame

😎 LEGO STAR WARS: The Force Awakens

9) LEGO The Incredibles

And possibly many others, to which I don't have access.

Steps to recreate:

1) Install one of those LEGO games on Steam.

2) Launch the game.

3) Observe the low FPS count despite changes in graphics settings (resolution, shaders, etc.).

I have not encountered any error messeges. All testing was done while laptop was connected to power supply, using LAN and/or Wi-Fi.

Troubleshooting I performed:

- Updating drivers

- Re-installation of games

- Re-installation of Steam

- Re-installation of OS

- Upgrading to Windows 11 (at a later date)

Due to lack of results I have contacted HP service centre, who took my laptop and serviced it. They claim that the issue should be resolved, but it still persists.

Nowhere in the instruction booklet, on HP's site, on any forums I encountered, does it say that HP ENVY x360 – 13-ay0003nw doesn't support LEGO games. It's an issue I found after using my laptop daily for over half a year, but it's an issue that currently makes me very dissatisfied with my purchase. What are my options? Do I contact once again HP's representatives? Being still under warranty, can I return my device due to it being incapable of handling tasks that it should easily handle? I hope you can help me.

Yours faithfully

Jan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.